Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting Ready for the Weekend

I'm just taking a breather before hooking up the trailer and making sure the camper is all packed up to go. Wendy and I are heading out to the Milwaukee Railroad Ride (it's called something like that anyway), over in Ellensburg, WA. I've pretty much recovered from last weekend's ride and have decided to try a 50 this weekend. I bet it takes a little longer to recover from this one! Galen, on the other hand, was ready to continue the ride last Saturday and was running laps as soon as he could. Glad one of us is in shape! I am getting the inklings that I need to actually do some working out if I want to do 50's without spending the next two weeks recovering. I guess what you can get away with when you're 30 doesn't translate to the middle-to-late 40's. Dang. My husband will probably be very happy to help set up a work-out schedule, as he's spent the last year learning the correct way to do this through the 20-20 Program at the Pro-Sports Club in Redmond. I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow evening before I committ totally!

The weather appears to be cooperating here - the sun is out, the temp is climbing and I'm hoping we won't freeze over on the other side of the mountains. I'm taking my camera, so will try to get some good photos.

Wish me luck!

Cathy

No comments: