Thursday, May 22, 2008

A beautiful day in the Sandhills

Monday we took some horse schooling crosscountry. It was my boy's, Ginseng, second time out and he did not look at anything. He jumped everything he was pointed at with out question and had no trouble at the bank either. I was so proud of him. I should note that I was not the one riding him. I've got a high school girl doing the jumping on him. Yesterday was a beautiful day in the Sandhills of North Carolina. We are blessed with the Moss Foundation about 20 minutes from the barn. It is 400+ acres of pine forest that have been established and maintained for equestrian use only, no motorized vehicles, no dogs, no bikes. The loudest sound is a woodpecker. Some friends of mine and I trailered down and rode during the late morning. The horses really enjoyed getting out of the ring and doing/seeing something different. What a beautiful day! - Posted by Mindy

No comments: