Thursday, May 22, 2008

Getting Ready for our next ride

It's another wet, rainy day out, so I'm in front of the computer again. I'm counting down to my next 50 mile ride, next weekend (May 30th) at Klickitat, somewhere in Washington. I've been told it's gorgeous trails and I'm really looking forward to it. We've been out conditioning, doing lots of hill work and trying different things with the saddle. I guess I'll find out if I'm doing my homework correctly at the ride. Galen is looking good, putting on muscle and maybe a little bit of extra weight, which is a good thing as he is most definitely a very slender guy naturally and by the end of a ride he looks, well, a bit alarming. I know that most of it is water, but still...

Breeding season is coming very soon- I usually start much later than a lot of folks, as we don't have futurities to worry about and the weather is SO much better for the foals in June or July. Khan (my stallion) thinks we could start a lot earlier. One sort of negative result is that my mares are due in June or July, which really could put a cramp in my ride schedule. Oh well! By the time they're on the ground, the mud should be pretty much dried up and the grass is well grown.

Cathy

No comments: